April 1, 2018
IMAGE | Michael Willson
GC2018 will be the largest and most exciting event the Gold Coast has ever hosted and the largest event in Australia for a decade.
Here are some more interesting facts about TeamAUS and GC2018:
- TeamAUS athletes will be seeking to win one or more of the 825 medals on offer, while others will be at least hoping they can leave with a personal best performance.
- GC2018 is the fifth occasion the Games have been held in Australia, following Sydney 1938, Perth 1962, Brisbane 1982 and Melbourne 2006.
- GC2018 will attract 6,600 athletes and team officials from 71 nations and territories
- The Games will attract over 1.2 million ticketed spectators over 11 days of competition
- GC2018 will be broadcast around the world to a cumulative audience of 1.5 billion
Stay tuned for some more interesting facts about TeamAUS! #GC2018 #FiveFacts